In this update, we focused on making style and formatting improvements to WriteMapper across all three platforms the app is available on: macOS, Windows and the iPad.
We've worked hard on making the app easier and more natural to use than ever, removing as much friction as possible from your writing workflow to let your creativity shine through.
Here's the full list of improvements we've made to the app in this update:
- Improved the style metadata of exported DOCX files, such as for titles and headings.
- Improved styling of root node, only showing its info when selected, like the other nodes.
- The width of nodes with no children now expand to fit its contents as you type, making it easier to see what you're typing.
- Adjusted line height of text in the content editor to use golden typography ratio for better viewing.
- WriteMap saving, exporting and copying to clipboard operations now show you visual confirmation when completed.
- Updated autosave frequency to every five minutes, preventing unnecessary processing from happening.
- Added a random color option for newly-created H2-level nodes. This is enabled by default, and can be toggled in your Preferences.
- Added a license deactivation note in the preferences window on desktop, to help guide users changing computers.
- Improved content handling on desktop versions, where pasted text retains formatting.
- Set behaviour of app to not quit when all windows are closed on macOS.
Besides those, also in this update are a number of bug fixes:
- Corrected an issue where instances of a specific text arrangement would not export correctly to the DOCX format.
- Fixed a bug on the iPad where the button for in-app purchases would overlap and obscure the toolbar when in Split View.
- Fixed an issue where multiple nested share dialogs would incorrectly appear when export options are tapped in quick succession on the iPad.
- Corrected the positioning of the share dialog when exporting a file on the iPad.
WriteMapper 1.5 is available as a free update for past WriteMapper customers, on all platforms. New customers can take the free trial for a spin to test out the latest features we released today, by downloading the desktop app from our website, or getting the iPad app from the App Store.
We hope you'll enjoy these new features!