In this update, we focused on improving the interaction experience of WriteMapper, adding a few new handy and useful functions to the app. Let's get these new features introduced to you:
A major feature addition in this update is the Task Status function. You can now mark each individual node as completed, using this feature. This can be set from the mind map interface (long-press menu), or from the content editor (under the tag menu button).
The individual Task Status of each node will then show on left side of each node with a little checkmark indicator icon, so you can continue to use the tilde (~) key keyboard shortcut to see info of all nodes at once.
Another main feature we added in this update is the ability to duplicate nodes. You can now duplicate nodes on a WriteMap, making useful copies of existing nodes.
Similarly accessible the long-press menu, you can also use the Cmd+D keyboard shortcut when a node is selected. The action also integrates into the undo/redo action history, so that the workflow continues to make sense.
Collapse Other Nodes
If you've ever had to deal with an extremely large WriteMap, it can sometimes help to collapse everything else and just focus on a small section of the WriteMap for a bit.
Another feature upgrade we added in this update is the ability to collapse all other nodes except the currently selected one. This function allows you to just that, and you can access it from the menu shown when long-pressing a node.
Besides those main features, here's a bunch of other improvements we've added to the app:
- Styled desktop toolbar depending on if window is focused or blurred.
- Made links click-able from within the content editor, when the link tooltip is opened.
- Improved the window name when viewing the tutorial on desktop.
- On iPad, highlight and select the initial default “Title” content of new nodes when creating them.
- On iPad, enable tapping on white circle to collapse / expand nodes, to work with Apple Pencil input.
- Corrected the long-press menu options available for the root node, on the iPad version.
- Slightly improved app size by removing unused files and libraries.
Get the Update
WriteMapper 1.7 is available as a free update for past WriteMapper customers, on all platforms. New customers can take the free trial for a spin to test out the latest features we released today, by downloading the desktop app from our website, or getting the iPad app from the App Store.
We hope you'll find these new features useful!