This update is our follow-up to the amazing start we've had in 2019 with WriteMapper 2. Answering our customers' most highly-requested features, we've packed this update full of new abilities and improvements. Here's what we've added in this release:
On desktop versions, you can now edit node content while keeping the WriteMap in view, by opening a node’s content editor in a separate window. This is accessible from the content editor’s toolbar (right-most button), or from a new setting found in the Preferences window (Editor Opens In). The windowed editor syncs all data with its parent WriteMap window as you work in either one, allowing for congruent data flow across the app.
Markdown Syntax Writing
Besides that, we've also added the ability to use Markdown-style syntax to style your writing, such as **bold** or [links](https://writemapper.com). These Markdown-style snippets get detected by the software as you write, and get automatically converted into the appropriate text format for you.
Export Header Numbering
There now exists an option to prefix each header with your preferred numbering sequence, report-style, in your exported documents. This can be toggled from the app’s Preferences, where a “Export Header Numbering” option has been added. You can also view how the exported document would look from the Full Document Preview function.
- New setting added to preferences options for choosing between fixed or relative width of the content editor.
- Enabled WriteMap to scroll as a node is dragged to the bounds of the WriteMap’s edges.
- Added link to License Manager page to the Help section of the menu bar of desktop versions.
- Adjusted layout and height of the Preferences window on desktop to fit better on smaller screens.
- Fixed a bug where imported PNG and GIF images might not be formatted in the right encoding.
- In the Windows version, fixed the height of the general tab of the Preferences window.
- Remedied issue where the Windows desktop version would not correctly handle images imported from a local file.
- Fixed errant white flash when showing a new window on macOS, in dark mode.
- On macOS, corrected how buttons for modifier keys might not display correctly in the custom keyboard shortcuts section of Preferences.
- Corrected a typo in the tutorial WriteMap.
Get the Update
WriteMapper 2.1 is available as a free update for past WriteMapper customers, on all platforms. New customers can take the free trial for a spin to test out the latest features we released today, by downloading the desktop app from our website, or getting the iPad app from the App Store.
To update from versions 2.0.0 or 2.0.1 on desktop (macOS or Windows), a manual update is required. More details on how to do so may be found on this support article on our website.
We hope you'll find these new features useful!